Monday, December 17, 2018

I spent my weekend finishing a machine knit sweater for my dad.  I love it, but I think, next time, I'm going to knit the ribbed sections.  I am using the "Incredible sweater machine"; the ribbed parts look okay, but I still prefer the look of hand knit ribbing.  Now for the last step, blocking and steaming and wrapping for Christmas. I'll have to post my picture on the Facebook machine knitting site.  I like the group and love their photos of their projects. 

Wow, we are moving through December....here is my 4th clue for the Bonnie Hunter's Good Fortune mystery.  I just finished this small set about 10 minutes ago.  This particular set sews fast!  I thought I didn't have enough oranges in my stash, but I do!  For the larger pieces, I am going to slice them into larger strings, but I do like how the skinnier strings play, too.

Not too bad for about 30 minutes of work.  I am going to switch papers...the slick magazine paper does just that...the fabric slips and slides.  It still works, but I don't want to spend my time adjusting and readjusting, tugging, and pulling to keep the fabric from slipping.

All trimmed and ready to go!  Join me for next week's clue at Quips and Snips with Bonnie Hunter...https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-4.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...