Monday, December 31, 2018

It is almost time...just reflecting upon this past year with the many changes and losses of close family.  Yep, getting a bit older and maybe wiser?  I miss talking with my brothers...we spent our holidays catching up on family news.  I miss them so much.  The good to come of this, is that they are no longer suffering from cancer.  Cancer is such a debilitating disease.

About my teaching, I've changed things up a bit in the classroom and hopefully have made an impact with my students.  One does not know until they locate you or you bump into them.  I enjoy being in the classroom, but the records and teacher accountability paperwork we need to use and keep seems to grow.  Oh well, the life of a teacher...

I didn't start working on clue 6 until this afternoon.  We spent time with our daughter and her family and made it back before the New Year highway traffic.  Living in Vegas does have its perks, but holidays can be testy.  We plan to watch the festivities from our TV; the lure of walking and experiencing the "strip" is great, but the crowds are enormous!  I can't say that it rivals Time Square in New York, but it is colorful and eventful.

I sewed strips of background and found an old phone book and used its pages.  This is so much easier than using recycled magazine pages.  I have more to finish with the smaller sizes, but it does sew fairly quickly.  You do not realize how big your stash is until you start cutting and sewing.  It is fun to shop in my studio store.  Now for the revealing party...that remains to be seen.  I can hardly contain my excitement!  I love Bonnie's quilt designs.

I need to remove the paper backing and I have crumbs....I guess I could make an animal bed pad.  Some of the ladies in the quilt group use their bits and pieces.  They save the trimmings, too!  I've got a small 13 gallon size about 1/4th full.

I've been reading and viewing the many colorways of what others are creating.  It is just amazing!
If you would like to get started on your own quilt, here's the link to Bonnie Hunter's 2018 Good Fortune mystery quilt...Good Fortune mystery, clue 6


Have a happy and prosperous New Year everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...