Monday, December 24, 2018

More finished projects for Christmas....
Grocery bags...I have one pictured.  This is the large size and boy, they are quite handy and hold a lot of groceries.  I have several sets in my car and more in my husband's.  We use them all the time.


A sweater for Dad.  I made this using my "incredible sweater machine".  My Bond machine is in storage and so I bought the ISM on ebay about a month ago and reacquainted myself with machine knitting.  I like it, but I think I'll hand knit my ribbing.

I also used the rest of the left over yarn to make a knitted infinity scarf for my sister.  So quick and easy using the machine.  No designs or extra colors, just gray, but warm, so warm.  I need to make one for myself.  After Christmas, I say, after Christmas.

Microwave bowl cozies for family...I sewed this set yesterday using the directions found on the internet under https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/microwaveable-bowl-potholders-2977955
They are quick to make; I do need to go down and purchase more batting...you have to use 100% cotton batting since this will go inside a microwave oven. 
My sewing studio looks so organized from this perspective, but behind me is my creative hovel.  I have bits and pieces strewn about and believe or not, I have my quilting frame on the left of the ironing board.  I am still trying to find a way to extend the quilting poles on the Grace wooden quilt frame...since moving, I have lost the connecting aluminum pieces and I cannot quilt just yet.  I need 2 more connecting pieces.  I have been thinking about buying pipe and using them...hmmm.

Behind me, I have my Sweet Sixteen long arm and she is waiting for another to quilt.  Last week,  I purchased Patsy Thompson's suspension system #1 (https://www.patsythompsondesigns.com/) to use on my Sweet Sixteen to help as I quilt.  No more dragging quilt tops...it can be tiring to shift and lift heavy quilt parts.  I think I will move it to the other side of the table.  It's rather close to the thread tree...I could also raise it a bit.  I'm excited to use it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...