Sunday, November 18, 2018

I have been working and using my time to slowly heal from the shocking losses of my brothers.  I didn't do so much during this past summer and fall other than working and teaching.  I was numb with mourning and working brought some relief as I watched students learn and bloom.  I turned to my sewing and quilting and began to sew a stitch at a time while reliving my precious memories of our lives as children and young adults.
I began working on my unfinished blocks and made a sizable dent with the uncut fabrics.  I have two block of the month projects going, so cutting, sewing, and piecing brought solace to my soul.
I turned to quilting my grandson's baby quilt after hours of working with the small pieces.
It is finished!  I spent my Veteran's Holiday weekend watching epic military movies and quilting on my "Sweet Sixteen".   What a blessing to have a restful and creative hobby to bring a sense of calm to my sadness and mourning.
I created this quilt using Electric Quilt.  I love this program...it helps me create my own personal quilts with such ease and preciseness.  Star Wars is the inspiration and my daughter and her husband love the movies.


This weekend I found a Craftsy pattern and using scraps, I put together the first of my Christmas gifts.  I love it.  I plan to make several more for my sister, and sister-in-laws.  It has so many pockets and a zippered pocket in the inside to organize a purse.


 Here are my other blocks.  I have 3 more month's worth to finish.  These blocks are 6 X 6 finished.  Whew! They are many tiny pieces, but it is fun and rewarding to see how the colors work together.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...