Monday, December 10, 2018

Clue 3 and plugging away....
I tried 3 times drawing, measuring, sewing, and cutting before obtaining the bonus half square triangle to measure as Bonnie suggested.  I got it now, I just have to cut out a bit more to make up for the smaller pieces.  Just 3 sets, not too bad if I say so myself. 
I traded out my Singer 201 and brought out another Singer vintage machine out to play...she is lovely and just like the 201, she sews a beautiful straight stitch and also many built in decorative stitches and cams.  I purchased her from a local quilt shop in New Mexico along with her cabinet and chair for $125! What a bargain!  Inside, I found many bobbins, needles, oil, lamps, and extra pressure feet. I did make a change and removed the light and replaced her with the 'chipped' led light.

Here are my pieces of green, green, and green.  I am loving the color selection.

I am still working on this clue set.  I have about 1/3 of the way to go.  I do have to admit that I am still working on clue 1, but I did finish clue 2!

Come and join me here at Bonnie's Quiltville.  Here's where you can open and upload your set of clues.  https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-3.html

I am dividing my time between knitting a sweater on my 'incredible sweater machine' and the Good Fortune clues.  I am on the second sleeve of the sweater and should be finished this week, possibly another evening should do it.  Using the knitting machine makes it quicker.  I am struggling with using the knitting plate as it doesn't glide as fluid as the original Bond knitting machine (in storage in New Mexico), but I am learning to work with its quirkiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...