Monday, December 24, 2018

Whew!  Another semester finished...grades are completed, lesson plans in the works, and it's me time.  A whole two weeks of me time!  We finally decorated the tree and are just about ready for our Christmas dinner with family.  We hadn't hosted any family get-together dinners for several years since our return back to Nevada, so this will be fun to share our home.

Friday evening, I opened Quiltville's Quips and Snips blog to download and print my copy for this week's set of clues.  The colors are amazing and now to find the colors I need to cut and sew.  I finished a set to ready for picture time.  Hmmm, my blues are showing as black, interesting....


Here's how to get your copy of this quilt mystery....Good fortune quilt mystery

I've spent time perusing other blogs and viewing pictures of others' progress.  The various colorways and block interpretations are mind boggling.  A few twists and turns and block match ups results in beautiful possibilities.  With Bonnie's patterns, the variations are amazing!

While sewing my pieces together, I spent time reflecting and remembering the happy and joyful Christmas' times of past with family.  I lost two brothers this year and it has been rough accepting the loss, but it makes it easier to share with close family all the little tidbits and joyous times of the impact they both had.  Its our faith that keeps us going and spending precious time with family an even more special time.

Merry Christmas to all and heartwarming love as we celebrate His birthday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your mystery units look great.

    This must have been a hard year for you, but it sounds like you have many happy memories to treasure. Best wishes for the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...