Sunday, July 26, 2015

We had a "UFO" day at our local college facility and this is what I took with me to sew.  I used my 1898 Singer hand crank to sew the tops together.
I participate from time to time with a group of people who use people powered sewing machines to make and create a variety of things.  "Treadle On" is the website and is full of many articles, machine information and tidbits and pictures regarding people powered sewing machines.  Take a look.
We have a variety of blocks to sew and exchange with others worldwide.  This is known as the "treadle on block exchange" or "TOBE".
As for the quilting, I have tried to free motion quilt on my treadle, but it does take time to learn to use the machine in this manner.  I have quilted a few blocks, not quilt tops, so I do have a ways to go.  I can free motion using an electric sewing machine, so it will take time to learn and treadle at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...