Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Grand Illusion...

Between shopping and getting ready for Christmas, I've been working to cut my various greens and neutrals to form another step closer to completion.  As I make these, I remember a few years back when I wouldn't have attempted this type of project.  Too many small pieces and seams...that was my reason for not starting.  I viewed many quilting websites and ooed and aahed the many quilts made with scraps and small pieces and just knew that I wasn't up to the challenge.
During one of our many quilt club meetings, Barb found Bonnie's website and shared with us her mystery quilt.  I believe she made the "Orca Bay".  I fell in love with it; so that night, I viewed Quiltville and was hooked.  I purchased my first Bonnie book...String Fling...and now I am a Bonnie Hunter fan!
Here's my picture...once again using my late grandma's 1950's Pfaff Treadle.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...