Saturday, January 31, 2015

Before Christmas, I was watching my latest Craftsy class with Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company...Quilting quickly II....she is such a great teacher...I decided to order the templates she suggests to make some of her quilts.  I found that she had quilt tutorials with many other quilts and quilted projects!
I love to make tote bags and I found this tote bag pattern that is so cute and quick, I ran to my local quilt store to pick up a 'jelly roll' (2 1/2" strips of various colors...40 strips!).  I made 3 tote bags!  I gifted two and still have one left.


I used both my grandma's circa 1950's treadle Pfaff 30 and my Singer 1950 401a machine.  The Pfaff will sew only straight stitches, so I used my Singer to quilt with its decorative stitches.  I was finished with all 3 in just over a day (I had to feed grandkids and hubby).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...