Saturday, January 31, 2015


I spent a Saturday January)
at our local quilt shop...Gallup Service Mart...(New Mexico) working with other quilters sewing and constructing quilts for our veterans.  In between the sewing, I brought my scraps and starting sewing a basic 9 patch.  I used Bonnie Hunter's free quilt pattern...Dancing Nines....Quiltville.  Her 9 patch is a bit smaller, I believe she used 2 1/2" strips.  My patches started as 3 1/2" squares.  I purchased the sashing and border fabrics.  This should finish at 62" X 72".


Our local quilt club decided to donate 12+ quilts this year...We have approximately 5 this quarter!  We plan to sew at least once month to reach our goal.
Update:  We had our annual celebration and we handed out 12 quilts to our local veterans.  This quilt turned out so nice.  Thank you Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville for a quick and fun pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...