Saturday, December 31, 2016

It's almost time for the new year to begin and I finished my blocks for the new mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter, En Provence!  I didn't think I would catch up, but I buckled down and got busy.  Of course, I put aside my other project, Leah Day's Block of the Month for 2016.  I have been busy with school and teaching, but I did it!

Here's a picture of all of my blocks.  Now, it's time to wait for the reveal.



I jumped between my treadle and my Singer 401a to sew up the blocks.  I have my grandmother's Pfaff 30 treadle machine, circa 1950's and sewed about half of the clues using it.  It sews great and I just love the soft ticky tack noise as she sews my pieces.
Now, it's back to working on quilting my blocks to finish the 2016 block of the month with Leah Day.  This is sure a fun project, but it is time consuming since I free-motion rather slowly.  I did have to rip out some of the quilting on block 6 because I didn't like how it looked after I finished.  I am redoing that block.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...