Friday, November 27, 2020

Grassy Creek mystery quilt

 We have started this year's mystery sewing/quilting with Bonnie Hunter!  I have to put my fabrics together for this mystery.  I hope I have enough...I think I do.  

Here's the link if you would like to join and make your own version.

Grassy Creek, part 1

Bonnie gives clues every Friday until the New Year.  I've participated in several mysteries and they are so much fun.  I sew and sew, piece and piece and wait expectantly for the reveal!  Bonnie loves her scrappy pieces and because of her, I've ventured out to use every bit of my scraps to create my own version.  Before finding Bonnie, I would buy the fabrics as specified in various patterns and pieced them with just those fabrics.  I ended up with scraps a plenty and when a fellow quilter at a guild meeting gave out Bonnie's website, I was hooked.  That journey started over 10 years ago!  My time just flies by!

Bonnie begins setting up the mystery by giving out suggested colors about a month in advance.  This helps one organize and shop for fabrics to create the quilt top.  I have purchased small amounts throughout various mysteries and still have plenty to use as the years have advanced.  My goodness, you would think with the mysteries, I would have culled my fabric stash by now!  Not even close!  Ask my kids.  They have helped me move my sewing studio several times and the fabric boxes just keep coming.

Here is the link to read about the introduction and how to get started.

Grassy Creek - A Quiltville Mystery (Introduction!)

Have fun!  I love piecing and enjoy the whole process!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...