Saturday, January 5, 2019

I put aside the mystery pieces and concentrated on completing this quilt top.  It is sewn on point.  I signed up for this monthly program last year and have been steadily sewing the various blocks together.  I had received another package back in November and when I opened it, I had  another 2 yards of the background fabric with written instructions to fix the problem of some parts not matching.  I cut the fabric down as directed and continued with completing the outer corners.  I pin matched the corners with the medallion and didn't have to use the extra strips.  What?  I should have waited on cutting the extra; I would have had full yardage for another project!  My piecing came out fine and I didn't have to add to accommodate the possible mismatching of the large corners blocks with the middle medallion.  Oh well, I have strips ready for another.

the medallion

the added corner blocks thus completing the quilt top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...