Saturday, December 17, 2022

Mystery quilt with Bonnie Hunter 2022---Chilhowie quilt mystery

 Another great start with Bonnie, once again, offering and designing a new quilt mystery for this year 2022.  I have collected my fabric in her colorways and finished with part 1 and 2.  The colors are beautiful!

I didn't have quite enough purple and orange, or so I thought.  I found a stack of orange, of course, after purchasing more from my local quilt shop.  Ehh, it's okay.  I will have more variety!  Actually, I haven't made any quilt purchases for about 6 months, so this is my time to handle and caress the new fabric selections.

I'll post my progress once I run down stairs to get my I-pad.  I am in the middle of cutting the pieces for last week's clue.  Me behind?  Nah...I'm taking my time this year.  I have not been as vigilant with completing my Christmas gifts for this year.  

I have been taking up needlework, both crocheting and knitting, and loving it.  Progress is a little slow, but I enjoy sitting and doing the needlework for the day.  I usually don't finish large items such as afghans, but this year, I found Mikey.  I have been participating in his crochet-along and have finished 3 afghans this year!  That is an accomplishment for me!  I've been so wrapped up with my needlework!  I feel so accomplished!  I purchased a circular knitting machine, a 48 needle Sentro.  I've made a couple of beanies.  Learning curve, well?  I am finding out that not all yarns love the Sentro.  I have put this down for the time being as I need to concentrate more on getting my Christmas finished....that is, cut out and sewn!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...