Tuesday, January 2, 2018

I've been sewing round the clock to catch up on Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery quilt, the 'On Ringo Lake' mystery.  I sure love the colors and worked alongside my sister-in-law while she sewed on her modified log cabin bag.  She finished it and just to see that look of satisfaction; it warms my heart that the quilting bug has struck again.  She did an awesome job.
For Christmas, we gave her the fabrics and pattern along with lessons.  The pattern is a great one from Lynn.  (The pattern can be found at Quilted Dragon in Pahrump, NV)


Here are my pictures of the pieces for 'on ringo lake' mystery.  I used my Singer 401a and boy, does she sew like a dream.  I also used my Viking Designer 1 and also my Singer 201.
 

I have two blocks finished!  Whoo hoo!  Aren't they so colorful?  I love this mystery. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debra, was checking out your Good Fortune progress and saw you are using your 99 for it. Then I saw your list of other vintage machines -- Wow! Being a vintage machine neophyte, I had to get a look at all of them and saw you have a 401. I wanted to ask about the light bulb you use: I purchased the same style light for mine that I had purchased for my Featherweight but find on the 401 that the light isn't cast evenly on the sewing bed. What style light bulb do you have in yours?

    ReplyDelete

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...