Friday, November 29, 2019

I just love spending Thanksgiving with family!  We've moved to New Mexico and spent our first Thanksgiving here among family.  We had snow to welcome the special day, but it melted by mid-morning.  It was great to spend the afternoon talking with Mom, Dad, my sister and her husband.  What a great way to catch up and spend time thanking and thinking of family events over the past year.

Our children were nestled in their homes celebrating with friends and family, too.  With Friday as a working day, our kids could not make the trek here.  We miss them and love them dearly.

Another year and it's time to open the website to this year's quilt mystery hosted and written by Bonnie Hunter.  This year's theme is lots of blues and fuchsias all to commemorate the Texas wildflowers!  I have yet to gather my fabric (I am still unpacking my quilting stuff), but I have downloaded and saved Bonnie's instructions.  I will be going through my boxes this afternoon to look and locate the various suggested colors.  I love her mysteries; I have participated every year since a quilt friend suggested her website during one of our quilt meetings way back way...2011.  I am an avid fan quilter and have purchased her books.  I am so excited since she will be teaching several quilt classes in Arizona (this is so close to me)!  I need to coordinate my work to the days she will be in Arizona.  I hope I do not have any conflicts.

This year is a first for me...Bonnie would like us to upload our photos of our progress through Instagram.  I just signed up for my account and have started learning how to use this venue.  My account is https://www.instagram.com/badezbah630/  I do not have any photos yet for this mystery.

Follow me and Bonnie....https://quiltville.blogspot.com/  This is her website and blog...you can download your own copies of this year's quilt mystery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Indigo Way quilt mystery

It's the last day of 2023.  This was a rough year for my family.  We lost four close family members starting in January, May, July, and ...